Start YOUR plan and let us be your guide!
We offer day-long birding trips to three of the best birding areas in Colorado:
The dramatic changes in elevation in Colorado create an equally dramatic variation in habitat and bird species. From the Pawnee National Grasslands to Rocky Mountain National Park is only 75 miles but there is a 7,000 foot difference in altitude. As a result, there are five major life zones that can be explored and each area has a different variety of birds.
You can book just one day, any two days, or all three days for the full Colorado birding experience.
We don't have a set schedule of tours and we will work with you to find mutually convenient dates.
Our trips generally start in Longmont, Colorado, just 45 minutes north of both Denver and the Denver International Airport.
3 Great Destinations - Experience one, two, or all three! See Details Below
During COVID-19, we are successfully offering safe daylong birding trips:
- As we follow Colorado social-distancing guidelines, we are successfully offering our daylong birding trips to visiting birders. To maintain social distancing, you follow us in your own vehicle and we provide you with a two-way radio to alert you to upcoming turns, talk about birds we are seeing along the way, etc.
- When we are out of our vehicles, it’s easy to spread out to maintain our distance. A face covering is required at parking lots, trailheads, and when passing other persons on the trail. We also suggest you bring your own food and drink for the day.
- We appreciate your understanding that some trip details may need to be modified depending on exact circumstances. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions!
- For the most recent information on the Colorado COVID-19 response, see here.
Rocky Mountain National Park
Birding Colorado by Hugh Kingery says it this way: "The premier mountain bird-watching place in Colorado, Rocky Mountain National Park has fine examples of every mountain habitat in Colorado...Superb scenery, excellent facilities, and lots of birds make Rocky a prime destination. Easy access to each habitat and its complement of breeding species lends enchantment to a visit. You can see mountain birds in RMNP from your car and on short or long hikes."
Most birders come to the Pawnee Grasslands to find the resident breeding species including Ferruginous and Swainson's Hawks, Golden Eagle, Prairie Falcon, Burrowing Owl, Mountain Plover, Say's Phoebe, Rock Wren, Lark Bunting, McCown's and Chestnut-collared Longspur, and Brewer's and Cassin's Sparrows. Pawnee National Grasslands can be visited any time of year but the best birding is when the summer resident birds are active from April through August.
Just use the form below to tell us about your interests. We are here to help you get the most from your Colorado birding experience and to take the hassle out of planning and finding your target birds. If you just have a question or don't know where to start, feel free to contact us!
Tell us how we can help you with birding in Colorado. There is no obligation and we usually respond within 24 hours. Thanks!
About Our Adventures
- Our guiding fees include all pre-trip planning and our full attention to your birding success. See individual destinations for pricing.
Using a professional guide to help make the most of your trip is a good investment and helps you avoid wasting time and missing birds!