- Birding is an outdoor activity and we will generally proceed regardless of the weather with the exception of potentially dangerous conditions such as lightning or extreme cold, icy roads, etc. If we (Colorado Birding Adventures) determine a trip should be cancelled for safety reasons (or due to illness or other circumstance out of our control), we will contact you as soon as possible by phone and we will fully refund your payment for that day (less any non-refundable costs that we may have already incurred.)
- Unless otherwise stated in a specific tour description, a minimum deposit of $200 at the time of booking is required to confirm and hold a trip date(s). The trip is considered confirmed when payment is received. Any balance remaining can either be paid in advance (by check or credit card) or by cash/check at the conclusion of the trip. If you are booking a date within 14 days, the entire fee will be required to confirm.
- If YOU need to cancel your trip, you should contact Colorado Birding Adventures by email as soon as possible. Unless otherwise stated in a specific tour description, cancellations received within 30 days of the trip date are subject to a $100 cancellation fee and cancellations received within 14 days have a $200 cancellation fee. We advise you to consider purchasing trip insurance to cover any non-refunded fees.
The text below is a sample of our Participant Agreement which you will be asked to sign electronically before your trip. We will email you a link and every participant will need to sign his or her own agreement. Any person using our services is considered to have agreed to the terms of this agreement.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in services and activities offered by Colorado Birding Adventures or Carl Bendorf, I (the undersigned) understand and acknowledge, that:
- The activity may be hazardous and involve a risk of physical injury. I expressly assume all risks associated with participating in the trip, including but not limited to: variable weather conditions; encounters with wildlife; existing and changing trail conditions; rocks; stumps; trees; erosion; collisions with natural objects; man-made objects; or other persons; and variations in terrain. Despite all these and other potential risks, I voluntarily accept all risks and choose to participate in the trip.
- I agree to assume all risk of personal injury or loss, bodily injury (including death), damage to, or loss, or destruction of any personal property resulting from or arising out of participation in the designated trip. I also release, waive, indemnify, hold harmless, and discharge Colorado Birding Adventures, Carl Bendorf, and any independent contractor for Colorado Birding Adventures from all claims, damages, and injuries arising out of the service or activity. I intend that this agreement shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law to all claims, regardless of whether founded, in whole or in part, on any negligent act or omission of any of the released parties.
- I agree to abide by any rules, regulations and policies set forth by Colorado Birding Adventures. I understand and agree to use any safety equipment, including but not limited to automobile safety belts, supplied by Colorado Birding Adventure , and acknowledge by my signature below that I will wear the proper safety equipment and have been instructed on how to properly use such equipment.
In signing this Release, I acknowledge and represent that I have fully informed myself of the content of this waiver by reading it before I sign it, and I understand that I sign this document as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the written statement, have been made. I further state that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent to sign this agreement; and that I execute this release for full, adequate, and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by the same. I further state that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude or restrict my participation in this activity (including moderate exercise at high altitude) and that I will pay any medical costs that may be attendant as a result of injury to me.
I understand that Colorado Birding Adventures reserves the right to use photographs or videos taken during events or activities for the purposes of education, advertising or promotion of Colorado Birding Adventures.
I, the undersigned participant, affirm that I am age 18 years or older, that I have read and understand the provisions above that this is a release of liability, and that I am freely signing this agreement.
Colorado Birding Adventures does not discriminate in its tours or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability or handicap, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression (including a transgender identity), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.